DonorBureau is a partner to fundraising organizations and agencies, providing modeling and segmentation services aimed at improving the efficiency of fund raising appeals. Much like the credit bureaus work with all the major financial institutions, DonorBureau uses analytics to eliminate costly contacts (mail, phone and online) to unsuitable prospects.
Prospecting for new Donors is an investment. The goal is to target prospects most likely to become loyal donors. Those with negative Lifetime Value should be avoided in the Donor Acquisition stage.
In any given file being mailed for any given appeal, there are strong, average and weak candidates. We rely on years of historical data to segment these groups:
- Demographic data – Characteristics about individuals. E.g. – age, gender, ethnicity, income.
- Psychographic data – Measure of attitudes, values, lifestyles, and opinions.
- Behavioral data – Records of past actions by individuals.
When analyzed, patterns emerge. By constructing a 360-degree view of an individual, these patterns allow us to predict future behavior.
We are able to predict how receptive a prospect will be to an organization, to a specific appeal, at a specific time of the year, and to any given frequency of contact.
After the trial period, a Partner provides frequent updates of their mail activity – all mail sent and all donations received (and all non-donor responses, where appropriate).
Response Rates fall dramatically once prospective donors see the same piece – one example of key insight to predicting program results, and the importance of regular data updates.
Data contribution serves three purposes:
1) Construct a customized model.
2) Constantly improve the model with the ongoing data updates.
3) Provide critical information about recent behavior of prospects.
Acquisition mailing results are an incredibly important driver of financial performance for your program. But it’s important to identify donors who will remain loyal. Our model targets donors who will become longtime benefactors to your organization.
You will notice that the donors we identify have a much higher average gift than those we recommend against mailing. The donors we target tend to have significantly higher retention rates and net value in Donor Programs.
We never create, rent, exchange, or provide lists to partners.
Many companies are co-ops, and rent the contributed names to other members. We are not a co-op and we do not provide your names to other Partners. We use your data to build our models, but we never use your names.
We NEVER collect list rental income. Our fee is only for screening your mail lists.
We have NO volume or exclusivity requirements in our contracts. You may use Precision Prospecting as you see fit, whenever you like.
Precision Prospecting is an analytical segmentation process. When you’re ready to send a post-Merge/Purge mail file to the Post Office, we screen it for you and eliminate the least-profitable candidates for your appeal.
Prices start at $10/m for records scored. For our clients, the immediate return exceeds 400% ROI on the Acquisition Mailing. The higher Lifetime Value further increases the value of the service.
Our FREE trial offer will demonstrate the incredible value.
If your program is in a niche similar to our existing data, the process is incredibly fast and simple:
1) Send over your file before it goes to the mail shop
2) We will score it and return it in under 24 hours. We will provide two classifications: “Good” and “Bad”
3) Mail the two files as separate appeals. Wait, and compare results.
If your program is not sufficiently similar to our existing Partner base, it is essential we construct a customized model. This process takes a little longer, but yields the same results:
1) Provide 12-24 months of mail history and donation history
2) Allow 3-4 weeks for model development, testing, and deployment
3) Send over your file before it goes to the mail shop
4) We will score it and return it in under 24 hours. We will provide two classifications: “Good” and “Bad”
5) Mail the two files as separate appeals. Wait, and compare results.
This requires greater investment on your side (providing the data) and DonorBureau’s side (building and deploying a model). However, we are so confident in our ability to show dramatic improvement in your results, even in our initial model launch, that the trial is still FREE.